[Mimedefang] Interesting anti-HTML filter side-effect

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Mon Sep 22 08:13:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 00:01, Jim McCullars wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2003, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>
> > Can anyone offer a snippet that will reject ALL html encoded messages? I
>
>    The fourth argument to filter() is the MIME type of the part in
> question.  So if the first two lines of your filter() look like this:

Right and thanks. Unfortunately the buggers have found a way to defeat
this. They use something like a random pattern. Here's an example:

and/or

I'm just not clever enough to see how to defeat tactics like these and
get MD/SA to do the right thing. In my case throw the message away and
perhaps in yours to quarantine.

I do employ what you gave in your example but it is not enough.

Thus I'm still searching. BTW, I have told Sendmail to reject emails
with text/html but too much falls threw for the reasons I gave above and
using regex in sendmail does not seem to be the answer either because of
the pattern changes.

TIA,
--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>