[Mimedefang] Use of uninitialized value in chomp at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 707

Dave Ellenberger dave at nofuture.ch
Mon Sep 22 04:20:02 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm running debian unstable on a linux pent4 server.
Since I have enabled dcc and pyzor in sa-mimedefang.cf, the following problem
showed up in log:

Sep 22 10:02:50 mx01 mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 2 stderr: Use of
uninitialized value in chomp at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line
707.
Sep 22 10:02:50 mx01 mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 2 stderr: Pyzor -> check
failed: no response

It's maybe 1-2% of the mails causing this problem. So it's a simple timeout I
gues, which doesn't look so good in logfile. I guess this can be easily fixed
by checking the <PYZOR> handle.

Did anyone already fix this minor problem so I can copy/paste?

-Dave

BTW: Sorry for my off-topic post (since the problem is in spamassassin source,
not mimedefang's source).