[Mimedefang] Latest Worms and IE Exploits

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Fri Sep 19 13:04:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> The extension-blocking rule (exe, pif, scr, etc.) catches everything so
> far.
>
> Are there really any good reasons to allow these kinds of attachments
> in?

Not in my view.  I use the ext.-blocking rule also, and that's my first
line of defense (so Swen/Gibe was caught right from the beginning).

However, I like to keep File::Scan up-to-date so that graphdefang shows
these as viruses, so I get a good count.  The Sobig.f numbers were quite
impressive.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html