[Mimedefang] Latest Worms and IE Exploits

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Fri Sep 19 12:29:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:01:07AM -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> I have been getting hit hard with the IE Exploit and the worm.gibe.f virus.
> Is anybody else getting hit hard last night and this morning with these?
>
> Jeff
> --

It generated some "over-quota" on my personal Yahoo mailbox.
It seems to be spreading fast but not as big as SOBIG.F ...
BTW this worm is called SVEN (WORM_SWEN.A or w32.swen.a at mm)
by some virus vendors :

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SWEN.A
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html

Update your list of viruses (regex) that fake sender addresses : like
SOBIG, NIMDA, KLEZ don't send sender notifications for infected messages
by this new worm.

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services