[Mimedefang] 8.12.10 upgrade

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Sep 18 23:27:01 EDT 2003

On 9/19/03 12:18 PM, "Daniel Kasak" <dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au> wrote:

> alan premselaar wrote:
>
>> I installed yesterday.  when i rebuilt my sendmail.cf with the 8.12.10
>> release
>>
> This will probably demonstrate my lack of understanding of what I'm
> doing, but I just left the old .mc and .cf files where they were. Surely
> you don't have to rebuild them between upgrades as minor as 8.12.9 to
> 8.12.10, do you? Guys?
> It all *seems* to work fine ;)

as far as i know, you don't *HAVE* to rebuild your .mc and .cf files between
minor releases... I prefer to do it just for consitancy's sake.  obviously
SOMETHING changed in the way that sh Build install-cf runs m4 because the
output sendmail.cf file is different. however, using my previous sendmail.cf
file obviously still works.

alan