[Mimedefang] blocking zipped attachments

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Sep 18 16:34:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Rodrigo Figueiredo Teixeira wrote:

> Is there any way to check the existence of prohibited extensions in
> zipped attachments using only MIMEDefang (whithout Spamassassin or an
> Antivirus software)?

Get the Archive::Zip perl module and read it's docs.  You can use it's
routines in your mimedefang-filter.

...but I suggest that you don't do this.  There are lots of reasons why
not to like running out of drive space when a
person/worm/broken-auto-responder/whatever e-mails you 100,000 zip files
at once, a zip file with a billion zeros in it that compresses to be
small but unzips to be really big, and so on... (search the archive
for more reasons and examples)

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA