[Mimedefang] Re: how to undo Verisigns mess

Justin Shore listuser at numbnuts.net
Wed Sep 17 20:02:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, David T Hollis wrote:

> A soon-to-be-available help for the Verisign problem is coming from ISC:
> http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/delegation-only.html.  So while you are
> upgrading all of your SSH and sendmail installations, have at your name
> server as well!

I can confirm that 9.2.3rc2 seems to be working just fine.  In addition to
the configuration additions for com and net I also added configuration
stuff for the other TLDs that share something with Verisign, namely sheer
stupidity.  My config changes are below in case ya'll are interested.

Justin

//  ###  TLD Delegation-ONLY Zones Declarations  ###
//       This is to work around Verisign's infinite stupidity
//       20030917

zone "com" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "net" {
        type delegation-only;
};

// Non Verisign morons
zone "ac" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "cc" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "cx" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "mp" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "museum" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "nu" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "ph" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "pw" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "sh" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "tk" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "tm" {
        type delegation-only;
};

zone "ws" {
        type delegation-only;
};

//  ### END  TLD Delegation-ONLY Zones Stupidity Declarations  ###