[Mimedefang] OT: Deferred to AOL & road Runner.

Keith Dowell keith at rogersmfg.com
Wed Sep 17 16:26:01 EDT 2003

Nah, wouldn't do that, I have some roadrunner clients. But I think if a
business uses aol as their "business" service they should be exorcised from
the marketplace :)

Actually you don't seem to need any special filter. Just set sa at 4 and
watch all the aol messages fill up your spam drop. I honestly have't seen
one from that domain make it through yet. And everything we ever have gotten
from the aol domain is either

a) spam spam spam spam with BIG LETTERS spam

or

b) fwd: fwd: fwd: fwd: (joke of the day) from someones brother sisters
cousins roomates long lost pen pals step brother remarried that now owns the
family dog (which I drop these on the principle of it's "it's a workplace -
no personal emails")

I just wish I could tweak sa or md a bit more so that I could auto-reject
anyone that types in all uppper case or aolspeak.

Only twice since I've implemented this have I had someone ask why they
couldn't get their email. When asked what client they were referring to and
they couldn't produce one, I just let it go - and so did they.