[Mimedefang] File::Scan vs clamd performance

Royce Williams royce.williams at acsalaska.net
Wed Sep 17 12:31:01 EDT 2003

I've seen anecdotal evidence on the list that File::Scan in front of
clamd is pretty efficient overall, but I haven't seen much of a dent
in my CPU utilization or number of running mimedefang children -- after
running clamd and then putting File::Scan in front, using Peter's
method as described here:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-August/007185.html

Does anyone have any hard numbers on this?  I'm using the daemonized
clamd rather than the command-line scanner clamav.

Royce

Royce D. Williams               "Insanity destroys reason, but not wit."
IP Engineer III - ACS Internet & IP/MPLS              - Nathaniel Emmons
907-565-2267    PGP key: 0x3FC087DB     http://web.acsalaska.net/~royce/