[Mimedefang] OT: Deferred to AOL & road Runner.

cam bcp1 at craqskeep.com
Wed Sep 17 11:00:22 EDT 2003

> I m seeing alot of "deferred" and "connection reset by", for the mail handlers
> for AOL and Road Runner.  Normally I would not care, after all, its AOL.
> However, some of my more vocal users have started to complain.  These users are
> at a higher political altitude (hence less oxygen going to the brain), and are
> starting to rain on me (I am hoping that it is rain anyhow).

i have seen other references to this from around the country (US) with
people i correspond with at an admin level.  although i was out this past
weekend and just got back, i'm seeing people talking about it in several
contexts. most boil down to it appearing that AOL is bouncing a lot of
mail as SPAM.  i am seeing reports that it is working correctly now, so it
may have been someone fatfingered a config and left for the weekend :)