[Mimedefang] Mimedefang installed, but doesn't scan anything

Mitch Mitch at 0Bits.COM
Tue Sep 16 12:51:01 EDT 2003

I though Håkon mentioned the existence of 2 Xmimedefang lines (or
that was my reading of it), and of which he should not have two.

	% grep defang /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
	O InputMailFilters=mimedefang
	Tdefang
	Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:5m;R:5m

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Mimedefang installed, but doesn't scan anything
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:42:52 -0400
From: Kris Deugau <kdeugau at webhart.net>
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

Mitch wrote:
> You should definetly not have 2 entries for mimedefang in your
> sendmail.cf file.

Actually, you should- one on the line that declares the existence of one
or more milters, and one on the line that actually defines the options
for the MIMEDefang milter from sendmail's point of view.

Exactly as below, in fact;  although the details on the second line will
vary depending on your setup.

> > From: Håkon Nilsen
> > O InputMailFilters=mimedefang
> > Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
> > T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m

As for why MD still doesn't seem to be responding...

-> Restart MIMEDefang, and check the logs to see if it started cleanly
-> Restart sendmail, and see if it complains about permissions somewhere
in the logs, or returns oddball error codes when you telnet to port 25
on localhost and enter SMTP command sequences.

-kgd
apartment it is.