[Mimedefang] Mimedefang installed, but doesn't scan anything

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Sep 15 13:40:01 EDT 2003

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> MIMEdefang is installed, and the line:
>
>     INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
>
> is added to sendmail.mc. I do a 'm4 sendmail.mc >
> sendmail.cf', but it doesn't put anything into sendmail.cf.
>
> When I send mails, it doesn't tag any mails, not even the
> mails that are 'spam' (using the recepie from SpamAssassin)
> are tagged.
>
> Is there anyone that can tell me why mimedefang isn't put
> into the sendmail.cf file?
>

> Best regards,
> Haakon Nilsen

Unfortunately you did not say what system you are using. I am running Redhat
and there the cf files are in a separate rpm package called sendmail-cf
which has to be installed to generate a new sendmail.cf from a modified
sendmail.mc. As far as I know SuSE is equal to this. You should check
whether you have those macro files to regenerate the sendmail.cf

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999