[Mimedefang] OT: Deferred to AOL & road Runner.

F.M. Taylor ftaylor1 at mymail.indstate.edu
Mon Sep 15 11:40:01 EDT 2003

Not really MD specific question, but since we are all running similar setups, I
thought I would ask here first.

I m seeing alot of "deferred" and "connection reset by", for the mail handlers
for AOL and Road Runner.  Normally I would not care, after all, its AOL.
However, some of my more vocal users have started to complain.  These users are
at a higher political altitude (hence less oxygen going to the brain), and are
starting to rain on me (I am hoping that it is rain anyhow).

I am not really interested in making the problem go away, but would like to know
if anyone else has experienced this problem, or an increase in the frequency at
which this problem is occurring recently (since sobig).  Also, has anyone seen
any news articles (geek news, or prime-time news) that described this problem.

I just need to be able to say, HEY, it's not our problem, its THEM.

Granted, I could probably make the perceived problem go away, but only at a cost
to MY mailservers, which is unacceptable.

--
Mike Taylor. GSEC/GCFW 'Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis'
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security