Fwd: [Mimedefang] Mimedefang installed, but doesn't scan anything

Mitch DSouza Mitch at 0Bits.COM
Mon Sep 15 10:26:30 EDT 2003

I don't think you should normally run m4 manually, but instead cd to sendmail/cf/cf
directory and do a "make sendmail.cf" file there after editing my sendmail.mc.

It knows where to pick up the m4 definitions from then.

Mitch
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Mimedefang] Mimedefang installed, but doesn't scan anything
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:14:05 +0200
From: Håkon Nilsen (Exinet AS) <nilsen at xinet.no>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>

Hi,

MIMEdefang is installed, and the line:

     INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')

is added to sendmail.mc. I do a 'm4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf', but it
doesn't put anything into sendmail.cf.

When I send mails, it doesn't tag any mails, not even the mails that are
'spam' (using the recepie from SpamAssassin) are tagged.

Is there anyone that can tell me why mimedefang isn't put into the
sendmail.cf file?

Best regards,
Haakon Nilsen