[Mimedefang] Great open letter about anti-virus, emails, boun ces, etc.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Sep 12 14:50:32 EDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 12:06, Ben Kamen wrote:
> > I would like to say this about boucing spam's. I hate the concept that I
> > should accept a SPAM from a sender (assuming it's a spammer) as if the
> > SPAM succeeded.  Someone suggested I NOT bounce them and I replied, "What
> > and let them think you got the email all happy about it? Wasted bandwidth,
> > wasted drive space... waste of your time right-clicking/deleting."
> >
> > If I'm going to waste the bandwidth looking at someone's spam, it's going
> > to sit on THEIR drive, not mine.
> >

> 9 times out of 10 it wont sit on their hard-drive. It will sit in some
> innocent 3rd parties hard-drive by the time it has gotten to you. And
> they will try to keep delivering it to you :).

Trust, me I thought about that too... (sigh)

What to do.. what to do.

 -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.P, S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Work: bkamen at uiuc.edu
gPG Pub Key - http://www.benjammin.net/www/pages/library

* NOTE: Opinions and Views discussed via email are my own and not that    *
* of the State of Illinois, University of Illinois or the Illinois Dept   *
* of Natural Resources. They are my own. "They" get none of the credit. *

'/usr/games/fortune' says:
The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
		-- Albert Einstein