[Mimedefang] Question about lifetime of variables

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Sep 12 11:13:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Jason Kontkanen wrote:

> If I set a global variable when I receive a mail, will it still be
> there when the next mail comes in?

Maybe, maybe not.  Slaves exit after processing a certain number
of requests (specified by the "-r" option to the multiplexor.)

You have no way of knowing (a) which slave is going to process a message,
or (b) whether or not a given slave will exit after processing the
current message.

If you need to keep state between different messages, you must do it in
a file or a database.