[Mimedefang] Great open letter about anti-virus, emails, boun ces, etc.

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Fri Sep 12 10:06:01 EDT 2003

Was David talking about "disabling" action_notify_sender"?  I rather thought
he meant that rather than generating a reply message back to the sender as a
new email, I thought he meant to just have the message be rejected with a
5.X.X error that would show up in the sending MTA's logs.  This would
essentially "notify" the admin of the sending MTA (ok, so "somebody" has
been "notified"), without having to generate, handle, and communicate a new
message to a (possibly forged or unresponsive) host.

David, could you clarify?

Ken