[Mimedefang] McAfee uvscan workaround (was: uvscan exceedingly slow)

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Fri Sep 12 09:41:01 EDT 2003

I checked and double checked my uvscan and it does not try to open the
CDROM. It does what it's supposed to do and in a timely manner.  I do not
have anything mounted in the CD Drive.  It is only supposed to check the
command line input unless it's told to scan the drives.  I looked through my
MIMEDefang and it does NOT tell it to scan the drives.

I am running Solaris 8 & 9 on my mail servers.

I think you need to look and see how uvscan is being executed instead of
trying to "fake" it out. Check to make sure that the uvscan executable being
called by MIMEDefang is actually a binary and not an alias or script calling
the real uvscan with some strange command line arguments.

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!