[Mimedefang] savemail panic

Armando Soto Baeza asbaeza at catsanet.com.mx
Fri Sep 12 08:53:01 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have just compiled mimedefang and have some troubles. I have solved most of them, but still have a problem. I am testing the antivirus capabilities. When I send me a virus attached, using an external mail (yahoo, v.gr.) it is rejected (well!), but I do not receive any notification.
When I send a virus from my domain, I get an error about failed quarantined cause unavailable services (stat, DNS), and finally, an error like:
... Losing ./qfh8B6YcWQ028500: savemail panic

followed by

... SYSERR(asbaeza): savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere

Anybody knows what should be wrong?

By the way, I hacked the mimedefang-filter in order to use the same user as defang like I use to manage sendmail, cause I had some permission problems (can not chdir bla, bla, bla...).
I get the directories under de quarantine dir (some like qdir-2003-09-11-12.25.47-001), but when checking their contents I find something like:
HEADERS  MSG.1  PART.1.BODY  PART.1.HEADERS  RECIPIENTS  SENDER  SENDMAIL-QID

i.e. there is no INPUTMSG nor COMMANDS