[Mimedefang] Soliciting opinions on filtering based on bad MX records

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Thu Sep 11 18:06:01 EDT 2003

Oops.  I just realized that I owe both Kenneth Porter and Ben Kamen an
apology.  I made the same error in my replies to both of their posts.  I
just realized that my code does not deal with the case of a domain with
multiple MX records, which is what they were both talking about.  I'm only
checking the first MX record for bogosity.  (Ah well, in my experience the
spammers/xenophobic domains usually have a bogus primary MX anyway.)  Sorry
for the error...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722