[Mimedefang] syslog configuration help

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Thu Sep 11 16:04:01 EDT 2003

Years ago, SSC published a perl script on their web site, to analyze your
syslog.conf file.  Often people dont remember that the loglevels they
specify in syslog.conf actually mean "anything at this log level, or
higher".

Take a look at the attached script, and try running it against your
syslog.conf file.  The script will analyze the file and will show you every
possible permutation of log level and facility, showing you where the data
for each combination of facility.level will be logged, regardless of what is
explicity spelled out in your syslog.conf file.

Hope this helps.

Ken