[Mimedefang] Temp fail connections on the first atempt.

Wayne wayne at hamilton.net
Thu Sep 11 12:06:02 EDT 2003

Hello All,

    I remember some time back there was some discussion of temp failing
connections on the first attempt. I am thinking about temp failing
connections from non US domains and server with no reverse DNS. Than adding
them to my database and blocking them for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I
would allow them to send mail for the next 4 hours after that they would be
removed from the database and the cycle would start over. Do most legitimate
mail server have there retry time set to 30 minutes to 4 hours ? What do you
guys think of my idea ?

Wayne