[Mimedefang] Can I Use Spamassassin Score Instead of MIMEDefang Score?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Sep 11 08:53:03 EDT 2003

--On Wednesday, September 10, 2003 13:13 -0700 Jason Granat
<jason at akota.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the reply.  Something doesn't jive here.  In my headers I
> always wind up with 2 scores.  I'll paste headers from a spam I just got
> below.

You're running the Spamassassin library twice.  Once, when Mimedefang
runs it, and second when the Spamassassin program runs it.  SA eats
CPU and should definitely not be run twice.  In fact an important
Mimedefang trick is to avoid running SA even once on mail that is
unlikely to be spam (by any definition you code into Mimedefang's
filter).

Differences are

HTML_70_80		HTML_20_30
MIME_HTML_ONLY		(not listed)

The pass in the left column (Mimedefang) seems to have seen an
html-only message, while the one in the right (SA program) saw
multipart, thus a lower percent of HTML.  Do you have Mimedefang
adding a text/plain part warning about spam?

Joseph Brennan          Columbia University in the City of New York
postmaster at columbia.edu                 Academic Technologies Group