[Mimedefang] MD and uvscan permissions

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Sep 10 13:47:01 EDT 2003

Hello all,
	I'm trying to setup uvscan on a newly built machine (RH8) running
MD, and it seems that I am getting Permission Denied when (presumably)
defang tries to run it when a message comes in.  I am seeing this in the
maillog.
	I experienced uvscan hanging on RH9 and remembered the whole
threading model thing, so I just went back to RH8 for the time being.
	I've tried logging in as myself, su to root and su to defang and
running uvscan.  It works fine.  Works fine when I run it as root and
myself as well.  I even checked all the .dat files to ensure that they are
chmod 644.  Anything else I might check?

Cheers,

Stefano