[Mimedefang] MimeDefang and RedHat Enterprise Edition->friction or harmony?

muratisik at megatek.com.tr muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Wed Sep 10 09:39:01 EDT 2003

Hello to all,
	I have been administering RedHat Linux 8.0 on our company

server for a long time. On the curent system with 8.0, we are

running MimeDefang and McAfee Antivirus.  As of last week, I was

asked to upgrade our regular pc server system with RedHat Linux

8.0 to a HP ProLiant ML350 G3 server with Linux. I have concluded

that my best opion is to install RedHat Enterprise Linux AS.

         However what I dont know is how I will have to alter the

way I handle the system, compared to 8.0. Will there be any

collisions with our current programs, especially MimeDefang? Is

administration drasticly different from 8.0 or 9.0 administration?

Please comment on Enterprise edition, since we have never used it

before and I could not find too many similar cases on the net.

Thanks in advance...

Murat Isik

A humble Linux fan:)