[Mimedefang] uvscan exceedingly slow

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Sep 10 09:01:01 EDT 2003

Ole,

I recommend that you educate your users that 13 seconds is not a major delay
and advise they live with it.  It may even get greater in the future and to
lead them towards a path that you will always try and keep that low of a
delivery time will likely lead to problems again and again.

Who knows, next week you might be using 5 virus scanners in serial and it'll
take 13 minutes to deliver an email?

Regards,
KAM

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-July/006910.html