[Mimedefang] Installation of MIMEDefang without sendmail sour ces

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Sep 9 21:13:00 EDT 2003

> I wanted to install MIMEDefang but it did not work because
> the installation
> routine looked for some sendmail source (which I naturally
> don't have ...).
> I am running SuSE Linux 8.2
> (sendmail+amavis-milter+antivir+spamassassin-spamd/spamc-) on
> a PIII/500.
> Any chance to achieve my goal?

You can download sendmail source from
http://www.sendmail.org/current-release.html.  I haven't tried installing
MIMEDefang using a binary sendmail package.  It's likely that the binary
package isn't correctly configured.

You could also try rebuilding the binary package from the source one, but
I'd only do that if the latest sendmail is available in source package form
for your distribution (in my case - Red Hat 9 - it wasn't, so I downloaded
fresh source).