[Mimedefang] Use X-SPAM-SCORE instead of X-SPAM-STATUS

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Sep 9 12:30:01 EDT 2003

Hi!

> Hello,
>
> I am using MIMEDefang with Spamassassin and finding that they score
> differently.  MIMEDefang scores about half what SA does. Originally I
> only used SA and the scoring worked great, now MD seems to be the
> default score.  If both scores are above the threshold then the mail is
> redirected to a spam box.  If SA is above but MD lower then the user
> gets the spam with a spamassassinreport.txt attached.  Is there a way to
> force MD to use SA's score?

I think I do not understand you. Mimedefang has no own scoring. It uses
Spamassassin if it is installed alltogether. Maybe you did not read the
instructions for combining Mimedefang with Spamassassin which tells you,
that SA does not exactly behave the same way when called by Mimedefang as
when used with i.e. procmail. It does not respect user defined instructions
but is system wide configured. So you have to edit
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf or local.cf in there for your needs.
Is it that you stumbled about?

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Alexander