[Mimedefang] configure in wrong part of RPM spec file

Stephen L Johnson stephen.johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Tue Sep 9 06:15:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 00:10, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I just tried to run just the prep phase of an RPM build so that I could
> inspect the source tree, using "rpmbuild -tp mimedefang-2.37.tar.gz", and it
> runs configure after unpacking and patching. IMHO, this should be done in the
> build phase. Why is it in the prep phase?

Just install the src rpm like a normal binary rpm, 'rpm -ivh
mimedefang-2.37.tar.gz'. It will install all of the source into
/usr/src/<blah>/SOURCES and the .spec file into /usr/src/<blash>/SPECS
directory.

The directory <blah> varies depends on the distribution. redhat =
redhat, SuSE = packages are the two I know. Just rumage around /usr/src/
and look for a directory with BUILD, RPMS, SRPMS, SOURCES, and SPECS
directories. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Stephen L Johnson                       stephen.johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Unix Systems Administrator              sjohnson at monsters.org
Department of Information Systems
State of Arkansas