[Mimedefang] multiple CPUs, multiple milters!

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Sep 8 15:12:01 EDT 2003

> You're thinking of the configurable number of slaves in the
> multiplexor, I believe.  I'm referring to the milter process:

What I am trying to say is that you will run one init script which will
launch everything needed.  Under Linux you may get more milters per
processor but you can't run things from the command line like you seem to be
doing and expect it to launch properly even though I think a man file or two
talk about doing things that way.

Take a look at the init script in the contrib dir that will fix your
problem.  It certainly won't leave orphaned daemons of any type running.

KAM