[Mimedefang] Off-Topic: webmail recommendation

Xiaoyan Ma xma at haas.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 5 16:13:01 EDT 2003

Sorry this is not really related to mimedefang.

We are looking for a webmail application to replace TWIG which seems to run
too slow for some of our  users.  Any recommendations?

1. IMAP only, acceptable, POP3 will be a plus.

2. Calender.  If we can find a webmail application that comes with calender
as well, we would have a better chance to convince the school that we DON"T
have to switch to Exchange  (We are now under the pressure to switch to
Exchange for webmail, calender and Outlook of course).

3. support both IE and Netscape browser.

Our environment:

sendmail + MD + SA + trendmicro
currently running on Solaris and will switch to linux soon.

2,000 mailboxes, about 10,000 incoming messages per day.

Thanks.

Xiaoyan