[Mimedefang] Can't get mimedefang to compile/install under FreeBSD, (debug info attached)

John McFarlane john.mcfarlane at thinkflat.com
Fri Sep 5 09:26:01 EDT 2003

nathan,

install it via the ports.   this works nicely for me (assuming you have an
up to date ports tree):

root# cd /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang && make install clean

in the event that your ports tree is not up to date, then you will need to
do something like:

root# cd /usr/ports && cvsup ports-supfile

if you don't have cvsup or a ports-supfile.. then you prolly have some
reading to do  :)

i wish you the best of luck, i currently run mimedefang, spamassassin,
uvscan, sendmail, and cucipop on freebsd and it's working great

John McFarlane
http://thinkflat.com

At 07:55 PM 9/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I have been unable to get mimedefang to compile/install under FreeBSD. I have
>downloaded/compiled/installed sendmail-8.12.9 with MILTER support, and
>downloaded/compiled/installed all the required PERL modules directly from
>Roaring
>Penguin's links, (including their patched MIME-tools).
>
>I ran:
>
>./configure --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc --with-confsubdir=mimedefang
>--disable-anti-virus
>&> configure.txt
>
>then:
>
>make &> make.txt

"they say that life has no meaning but I don't believe it..."