[Mimedefang] SoBig makes me rethink policy...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 4 17:57:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

Because of the enormous volume of mail from SoBig, I've reluctantly
changed my policy on viruses from action_bounce to action_discard.  All
the stupid virus-notification messages were irritating me, and I realize
that spurious bounce messages are just as irritating.

So I now recommend action_discard for viruses.  What a sad day for Internet
e-mail when you have to violate (the spirit, at least) of RFC's to make
life manageable.  Thanks, Micro$oft.