[Mimedefang] Drop mails with pif attachements

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Sep 4 10:22:01 EDT 2003

>> I'm trying to get mimedefang to drop emails that come in with pif
>> attachments.  I have no problems filtering the attachment
>> with the $bad_ext

We do it with this.  (It's logged as "virus"... I know it's
possible pif and scr are not virus, but we classify the reason
for rejection as "virus".)

    if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {

        if ($ext =~ /(pif|scr)/) {
            md_graphdefang_log('virus',"bad_filename $fname $type");
            return action_bounce("Bad attachment");
        }

        #  whatever else you do with filter_bad_filename()  ...

    }

Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu