[Mimedefang] Drop mails with pif attachements

Matthew Thomas mthomas at biocontrolsys.com
Wed Sep 3 20:02:00 EDT 2003

I'm trying to get mimedefang to drop emails that come in with pif
attachments.  I have no problems filtering the attachment with the $bad_ext
stuff, but I'd rather drop them completely as several hundred stupid emails
still come through, albeit safely.

I tried putting the following code in sub_filter, but to no effect:

    # Reject .pif extensions completely
    if (lc($ext) eq "pif") {
        action_bounce("PIF attachment not accepted");
        return action_discard();
    }

This has no effect at all.  Am I putting it in the wrong place, or is my
code just bad?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Matt Thomas