[Mimedefang] sobig virus slipping by mcafee.

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Sep 3 11:22:01 EDT 2003

Hello,
	This was exactly the behavior that I (and apparently others) were
seeing in my "Virus getting by MD" thread.  I opened up mimedefang.pl and
found the line where uvscan is called with other options like --noboot and
--allole.  I added --mime.  So far, it is still detecting viruses as
before.  Hopefully, I will not see any getting picked up by our internal
server again.  It seems that setting forces uvscan to check mime encoded
attachments, which it does not do by default.  David, should this be a
change to the mimedefang.pl file?

My line (1966) now looks like this:

run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:NAI'} . " --mime --noboot --secure
--allole $path 2>&1", "Found");

Cheers,

Stefano