[Mimedefang] What I have been working on....

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 2 16:04:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, schmaus wrote:

> I was waiting to see what the overall response was.  I was
> also waiting to see David Skoll's response.  Like I said, I
> don't want to step on Can-It's toes.

On the one hand, I'm not happy about losing potential market share. :-(

On the other hand, MIMEDefang is GPL'd and something like what you have
done is inevitable.  If you don't release a web interface now, someone
else will in a little while.

CanIt (and especially CanIt-PRO) are considerably more sophisticated
than just wrapping a Web interface around SpamAssassin, so I don't
think our commercial products are threatened just yet. :-)

My official position is one of neutrality:  I neither advocate the
release of your code, nor will I try to stop it from being released.
It's your call.