[Mimedefang] What hardware are you running?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Tue Sep 2 15:37:01 EDT 2003

Ben Kamen wrote:
> So some might ask the question: 17-20%? What are you saving the other
> 80% for? hehehe... Although, I'm not sure if 20% is supposed to be only
> MIMEdefang traffic or ??? you didn't list that.

As far as I understand the "load average" numbers, 17-20 means "%1700 to
%2000".

The numbers represent the number of "active processes" waiting for CPU
time or executing.

On most of the x86 boxen (single-CPU) I've worked with over the last few
years, any load over 10 starts showing lag on the console;  anything
over 15 is downright unresponsive, and anything over about 20-25 is
effectively locked up.

-kgd
apartment it is.