[Mimedefang] Central policy?

Andrea Gabellini agabellini at intelcom.sm
Tue Sep 2 13:43:01 EDT 2003

At 18.43 02/09/03, you wrote:
>Is there anybody that is enforcing individual policies on specific email
>addresses? More specifically, if I want user1 at domain.com to check spam and
>viruses, but want user2 at domain.com to only block certain attachments, is
>this possible?
>
>I realise that it should be quite easy inside of MIMEdefang to
>differentiate the users and do specific actions, but what happens if an
>email gets sent ot both user1 at domain.com and user2 at domain.com?

You need to use stream_by_recipient. This funcion resend the email with one
recipient only.

I use it and I can do different action based on recipient.

note that with this policy probably you can't do relay test, because
stream_by_recipient MUST be called in filter_begin, i.e. after the relay
control.

Andrea

>Tim

---------------------------------------
Rainy days and automatic weapons always get me down.
Ing. Andrea Gabellini
Email: agabellini at intelcom.sm
Tel: 0549 886111 (Italy)
Tel. +378 0549 886111 (International)