[Mimedefang] Incoming specific email address

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Sep 1 00:11:59 EDT 2003

Yes.  I am 100% sure you can put your system config files in
/etc/mail/spamassassin when using MIMEDefang and SpamAssassin.  In fact, (at
least on systems I've built) the default sa-mimdefang.cf is placed in
/etc/mail/spamassassin by the install.

However, you may be right that MIMEDefang is not parsing the same as the
default spamassassin and in fact only loads sa-mimeconfig.cf, local.cf &
spamassassin.cf, in that order and only loads 1 and one only.  This however
is a userprefs parameter so I might have to check more with the source code
to confirm what actually happens

This is actually more of a Mail::SpamAssassin problem but it should load the
system configs without a userprefs setting.  Perhaps a new parameter (with
intelligent defaults) needs to be added to this modules such as
system_config_path. I'm going to forward this on.

KAM