[Mimedefang] mimedefang not rewriting subject

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Oct 22 10:35:46 EDT 2003

Are you changeing mimedefang-filter to change the subject or tell SA to do
it.  Under MD, changes made by SA are lost.  You need to use the
action_change_header to rewrite the subject.

Just yesterday someone posted a link to this code, which I tested
successfully:

 if ($hits > $req ) {
                $is_spam=1;
                action_add_header("X-Spam-Warning", "SpamAssassin says
this message is SPAM");
                action_add_header("X-Spam-Flag", "YES");
                action_change_header("Subject", "****SPAM**** $Subject");
        } else {
                action_add_header("X-Spam-Flag", "NO");

        }
}

I no longer have the URL or who posted it to the list, so I can't give the
credit due.

---

Spam isn't speech, just like a note wrapped around
a brick thrown through a window isn't publication.

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES

James.Hurford at Zarlink.com
Sent by: mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com
10/22/2003 10:04 AM
Please respond to
mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
cc

Subject
[Mimedefang] mimedefang not rewriting subject

Hello,

I need some help.

I have deployed a sendmail server running on Solaris 8.

It also has spamassassin, clam anti virus and mimedefang running.

I thought it was configured to deliver SPAM but with the subject header
changed to have ***********SPAM********* in it.

This doesn't appear to happen.

What can I check to verify that mimedefang is processing SPAM ?

What config files would be useful to look at ?