[Mimedefang] graphdefang cores with large amounts of data

Lee Dilkie lee at dilkie.com
Thu Oct 16 07:19:03 EDT 2003

I hope this isn't too off-topic for this list but this is good info for us
FreeBSD folks.

> This sounds like what I was first experiencing when I installed
> graphdefang. The solution was to download and unpack a clean
> copy of db
> from the sleepycat site. I forget if I needed a configure in the main
> directory, but make / make install in the perl/DB_File directory fixed
> the problem.
>
> This was on FreeBSD-4.8 stable.

Okay, well my solution didn't pan out. I'm running a almost pre 4.9 FreeBSD.
The version of mimedefang in the ports that I'm running is 2.37, SA is 2.55
and I download the latest graphdefang (0.9), although the one in the ports
(0.7) worked too (first thing i did to try and solve this was get the latest
version).

So. Now I'm confused. "A clean copy of DB" means what? Berkeley DB? I'm
running either db3-3.3.11.1 or db41-4.1.25_1 according to portversion and
4.1.25 is the lastest version, according to the sleepycat site. I said
"either" because I don't know which, db3 or db4, graphdefang is using, how
do i tell? I don't see anything in graphdefang(lib).pl that jumps out and
tells me. Is the ports version of db broken?

what is p5-BerkleyDB for, do i need to install that?

TIA for any answers...

-lee