[Mimedefang] graphdefang cores with large amounts of data

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Oct 15 17:24:04 EDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Honestly, I'm more worried about the graphing engine than the collection of
> data engine.  I think it should be fairly easy to modify this to put the
> info in mysql rather than DB_File which should optimize things considerably
> IMO.

I doubt that.  I benchmarked Berkeley DB against PostgreSQL, and
Berkeley DB beat PostgreSQL by a factor of 6.  I believe MySQL might
be a little faster than PostgreSQL, but certainly not 6 times as fast.

Berkeley DB is blazingly fast, in my experience.

I haven't looked at the graphdefang code at all, so I can't comment
on your core dumps.