[Mimedefang] Apostrophes escaped in "To:" address

Patrick Morris pmorris at wilshire.com
Thu Oct 9 17:46:01 EDT 2003

Keith Dowell wrote:

>Heck, if mimedefang is not mangling it, it's sure to get mangled by other
>email systems.

Oh, I definitely wouldn't argue with you there -- my first tack was
seeing if we could get our client to set up an alias to his address
without the apostrophe, but they wouldn't go for it (it works for
everyone else, blah blah blah).  If I'd had an RFC to back me up, it
might have worked -- but it turns out the apostophe is a perfectly valid
address character according to RFC 822.