[Mimedefang] Help with new install

Bryan Chapman bryan.chapman at cognito.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 11:39:48 EST 2003

Hi all,

Got a brand new server to play with. My task is to get a mail server
working that attaches a legal disclaimer to every mail that passes
though it - sfter reading about mimedefang, its looks about right.

Has anyone got any step-by-step instructions in how to use mimedefang
for the task I require?

I have gone though the sendmail install and made the changes to use the
mail filter - no problem
Installed all the required perl modules - no problem. Left out the spam
and anti virus ones for now.

Configured, make and make install on mimedefang all ok. But there the
instructions stop. I get all sorts of socket errors, multiplexor
atarting up and doing nothing, mimedefang bitching about multiplexor not
running...

I'm stuck, the docs just go straight into making filters to stop spam
and look for virus', I can't even send a mail!

Anyone got any good info? I'm using sendmail 8.12.10 and mindefang 2.38

Many thanks for any help.
Bryan

Bryan Chapman
Network Operations Engineer
Cognito Ltd
Block 4
Benham Valence
Newbury
Berks
RG20  8LU

V 01635 508200
F 01635 550783
M 07810 000444

www.business-phone.co.uk
www.cognito.co.uk

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may
not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender
immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has
been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility
for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any
attachments. Opinions,conclusions and other information in this email
and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the
company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.