[Mimedefang] Quarantine question. (stripping attachments)

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Thu Oct 30 15:19:32 EST 2003

> I want mimedefang to strip attachments that have suspicious suffixes
> in the attached file names, but still pass along the text of the
> message to the recipient.  The problem is that the routines that do
> this, i.e. action_quarantine, also save the quarantind messages in
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang   There appears to be no automatic mechanism
> which purges this directory.  I would prefer simply to drop the
> attachment and not save anything in that directory, but I don't see
> any routine in mimedefang.pl that does this.  Will I have to create
> my own version of action_quarantine that deletes the temporary
> message, or is there an easier solution?  Thanks. -  Mark

Hello,
	Check man mimedefang-filter.  You might want action_drop instead of
action_quarantine.  There had been someone on the list that gave us a
useful script to purge that directory periodically and automatically, but
that doesn't seem to be what you want.  Check action_drop.

Cheers,

Stefano