[Mimedefang] OT Sendmail Question

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Thu Oct 30 15:05:31 EST 2003

> The message do seem to appear in "mailq -Ac" they don't in
> "mailq".
> h9NB51Xu026001       29 Thu Oct 23 06:05 root
>                  (host map: lookup (vtext.com): deferred)
>                                          512nnnnnnn at vtext.com
>                                          512nnnnnnn at vtext.com
>                                          512nnnnnnn at vtext.com
>                                          512nnnnnnn at vtext.com
> So what does this mean?

Ray,
	Whoa!  Surprised I got that one.  Well, if you wanted to drive
yourself insane with pages, you might try:

sendmail -Ac -q

That will tell sendmail to run through the queue once and exit.  If you'd
like to see exactly what's going on while processing, add a -v for verbose.
For some reason, it must be having trouble sending those messages.  mailq
-Ac should include a brief statement of what the problem is.  To help keep
you on topic (LOL) you might want to know that in standard MD
installations, people have a queue runner start along with sendmail to
process the local queue every so often.  MD places certain messages in the
local submission queue and without a queue runner, they may never get
devivered.  Try investigating the use of sendmail -qpblah where blah is the
minute interval that you'd like the queue runner to fire.  Read the
sendmail man pages for more details.

HTH,

Stefano