[Mimedefang] OT Sendmail Question

Ray Spinhirne rays at admin.stedwards.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:50:54 EST 2003

This is most likely a sendmail and not a Mimedefang issue but I'm sure someone
will know the answer.
.
We have some monitoring scripts which we wrote to keep track of network
and server status.  These scripts use the HPUX mailx command to send
warnings to both standard email addresses and some text messages cell
phone addresses.
.
Many times the standard email will be delivered but not the text message
to the cell phone.  Looking at the sendmail logs shows lines like:
.
Oct 30 11:25:02 acad sendmail[3115]: h9UHP1Aw003115: to=512nnnnnnn at vtext.com,
delay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=120199, dsn=4.4.3, stat=queued.
.
(The number above changed to protect my cell number.)
.
It seems like these messages never get delivered if they are queued and
do not show up in the mailq list.  Other messages that are queued do
eventually get delivered.  I am wondering if the problem is perhaps that
the address 512nnnnnnn at vtext.com starts with a number.
.
Any ideas.
.