[Mimedefang] remove_redundant_html_parts

Sevo Stille sevo at radiox.de
Mon Oct 27 10:36:44 EST 2003

We drop redundant HTML parts to keep mailbox sizes down. Many of my
users are irritated by the occasional empty mails they receive whenever
remove_redundant_html_parts strips a mail which has a text part of zero
size. Am I right in assuming that a change from:

         foreach $part (@parts) {
             $type = lc($part->mime_type);
             if ($type eq "text/plain") {
                 $have_text_plain = 1;
                 last;
             }
         }

to:

         foreach $part (@parts) {
             $type = lc($part->mime_type);
             $size = (stat($part->bodyhandle->path))[7];
             if ($type eq "text/plain" && $size > 0) {
                 $have_text_plain = 1;
                 last;
             }
         }