[Mimedefang] max slaves report

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Oct 26 03:30:51 EST 2003

On Feb 9, 10:12pm, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} >      I have a suggestion.  Would it be possible to have the multiplexor
} > keep track of the maximum number of slaves that have been busy at the
} > same time and report this number with 'md-mx-ctrl rawstatus'.
}
} That wouldn't be hard.  But for now, you can use the "-t" or "-T" options and
} analyze the resulting statistics file.

     I'm using "-t" right now, but in just over two weeks, my log file
is just over 80MB.  I should probably write a script to summarise it.

} >      Another idea would be to keep track of how many times a given
} > number of slaves was busy.
}
} -t / -T will give you this info also.

     Yeah, I know.  It would take more analysis then just looking for
the largest nbusy value though.  Finding the largest nbusy is somewhat
more critical for smooth server operations, so that's the number I'm
most interested in.  If nobody else does it, I may do a patch in a
couple of weeks after I get through a couple of other things.

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"